****University of Scouting Information***
First, please read through the complete University of Scouting catalog - download the complete catalog and registration form here
ON-LINE REGISTRATION and PAYMENT
1) Register your course selections using theUniversity of Scouting ON-LINE COURSE SELECTION FORM
2) Make your payment ON-LINE using the
Online Payment System
Or, use MANUAL REGISTRATION and PAYMENT
1) Download and print a
Stand-alone registration form
2) Contact the Scout Office to arrange payment:
- phone 607-648-7888 for credit card
- mail check payable to "Baden-Powell Council" to 2150 NY Rte 12, Binghamton NY 13901
Upcoming Training Events
Click on the appropriate links below for more information.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page to access on-line courses for Youth Protection, Cub Leader Training as well as other available on-line courses.
|| Friday-Sunday, March 3-5th
||Wilderness First Aid Freeville United Methodist Church 37 Main Street, Freeville, NY 13068 WRFA Flier 2017 WRFA Registration Form Mar 2017
||Saturday, March 18th
University of Scouting
Chenango Forks High School
Binghamton, NY 13901
For Information See Below
70 class sessions offered, including BSA National courses:
- SM / ASM Position Specific Training
- Merit Badge Counselor Training
- Commissioner Basic Training
- District Committee Training Workshop
- Den Chief Training (youth course -- current / future Den Chiefs)
|| April 21 to 23, 2017
INTRODUCTION TO OUTDOOR LEADER SKILLS
Camp Brule, Forksville, Pa
Hosted by Five Rivers Council
introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills Flyer and Registration
Contact Larry Blumberg (LBlumberg@stny.rr.com) with any questions
|| May 5th-7th 2017
||Outdoor Ethics and Leave No Trace Weekend Training Course
Registration Flyer -- Leave No Trace (LNT) 16 hour trainer course
||August 7th-12th 2017
August 18-20, 2017
September 8-10, 2017
Training Requirements for all Unit Leaders
You can download a list of Training Requirements for All Unit Leaders here.
Youth Protection Training (YPT) -- is REQUIRED for all adult leaders -- click here for
YPT instructions & to take online
YPT AND Cub Scout Leader Specific-Position Training
'Live' presentations of Youth Protection Training (YPT) and Cub Leader Specific- Position trainings will periodically be offered at your monthly District Roundtable meetings. Please contact your District Training Chair for specifics.
How to access your required on-line Training Courses - and - see which Training Courses you have already completed:
1. Sign in to My.Scouting.org
(You'll have to CREATE an account if you don't already have one.)
2. Click on "Menu" in uper left corner.
3. Click on "My Dashboard".
4. Click on the "Requirements" tab (in blue, across the top of the page). You will now see a list of the required position-specific courses that must be taken to be considered trained in your position, as registered on your unit charter.
5. Click on the "Take Course" button for any of the courses listed to start the on-line course. It is possible that not all of your required courses can be taken on-line, some can only be taken in a 'classroom' setting presented by a 'live' trainer.
Click on the "Completions" tab (in blue, across the top of the page) to see what is on record for courses you have completed.
Click on the "Training Center" tab (in blue, across the top of the page) to view and access ALL of the available BSA on-line courses
CPR and First Aid Training
To arrange for a 1st Aid, CPR-AED, or a Wilderness First Aid course please contact either Tim Woods (Ithaca area) at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Chris Ambra (Binghamton area)TuskyCampDirector@gmail.com
To arrange for Venturing Training courses, please contact Mike Homrighaus - email@example.com
Training Awards for Adult Leaders in Units
The training awards and keys are designed to recognize unit Scouters for
tenure, training, and performance in their leadership roles. Progress record
forms with the 2012 requirements for these awards can be found at the links
Keys (training awards):
Venturing Crew Advisor